Who are we?
Deliverect is in hyper-growth! As a global SaaS Soonicorn, our mission is to be the backbone of on-demand food, with over 45 million orders completed, operating in 11 countries and rising.
We simplify online order management to help restaurants, cloud kitchens and food chains around the world become faster, smarter and more connected, so they can serve even more delicious food to their customers.
With real-time insights they can manage inventory, track revenue growth, automatically update stock, adjust menus globally and spot new opportunities across platforms with ease.
Who we work with
Food delivery platforms such as Deliveroo, Uber Eats, Doordash, Delivery Hero and customers such as Taco Bell, Burger King, KFC, Unilever and your local takeaway too!
Located in our hubs across Europe, North America, South America, Australia and the Middle East we currently have over 250 people and are growing rapidly. Our people are ambitious, take ownership and celebrate success with the entire team. Because we have a deep level of respect for each other, there is always room to learn and develop.
Reason for the role
As a Data Engineer you're part of our Product team. You're an architectural genius that effortlessly designs, develops and deploys data pipelines, making sure these pipelines are filled with qualitative data which serve as an input for our data analysts and key users across the business. You will collaborate closely with our data analysts, but also directly with the data model experts such as our product engineers and the key users of internal systems that are generating the data you’re extracting and transforming. The result? Our company has a reliable foundation to build reports, to develop predictive models and to make data-driven decisions. As a senior you are able to work autonomously and join projects that require your expertise to be successful.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources
- Work with stakeholders to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems
- You know the ins and outs of cloud platforms like AWS, GCP or Azure.
- You apply the KISS principle on your day-to-day, we strive to use the right tool for the right job.
- You have an analytics and solution oriented mindset.
- You enjoy wrangling large amounts of data.
- You have strong communication skills.
- You speak English fluently, a word of Dutch or French is a plus.
- You have Strong familiarity with ETL tools like Segment, Rudderstack, Hevo, Fivetran or customer ETL pipelines in python.
- You have start-up attitude – You’ll be comfortable in a rapidly changing environment, working with limited resources, and delivering high-quality work at the speed which is necessary for successful business growth. You’ll be a self-starter who doesn’t need much guidance, who can think fast on their feet and are ready to pivot when required
- You Develop relationships with owners & users of different tools used in the organization and their data models including being the SPOC between data & product.
What we offer?
- Fast-growing SaaS scale-up that’s been named a ‘soonicorn’
- Plenty of scope to develop and take ownership
- Range of benefits
- We want to support everyone. We offer flexibility around working hours, locations and office days
- Diverse international team; regular company and team events
- Transparency and visibility including a weekly company sprint on vision, strategy, roadmap and progress
- Constantly innovating product with weekly releases, constant new features and incremental optimizations
- An early position in a scaling international scale-up with strong growth plans
- Be a part of solving some of the biggest challenges facing the global food tech market
We value strength from diversity, embracing our differences by working together within a safe and inclusive working environment. You are welcome at Deliverect for who you are, no matter where you come from or what you look like. Our workplace is for everyone. We are committed to treating everyone fairly and equally. If you need any support during our recruitment process, please get in touch firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please fill in your details and share your CV with us using the below form.