Junior Backend Developer
Who are we?
We simplify online order management to help restaurants, cloud kitchens and food chains around the world become faster, smarter and more connected, so they can serve even more delicious food to their customers.
With real-time insights they can manage inventory, track revenue growth, automatically update stock, adjust menus globally and spot new opportunities across platforms with ease.
Who we work with
Food delivery platforms such as Deliveroo, Uber Eats, Doordash, Delivery Hero and customers such as Taco Bell, Burger King, KFC, Unilever and your local takeaway too!
Located in our hubs across Europe, North America, South America, Australia and the Middle East we currently have over 250 people and are growing rapidly. Our people are ambitious, take ownership and celebrate success with the entire team. Because we have a deep level of respect for each other, there is always room to learn and develop.
Reason for the role
Are you ready to join a rocket ship? If you are looking to gain experience, not just on the development side, but also on how to build a company, you came to the right place.
At Deliverect, customers, product and team come first. We believe in truly agile development, where procedures and meetings don’t grind everything to a halt and we want passionate developers that love to create things and are proud when customers enjoy using what they made.
We think all members of the dev team should have a say in key software decisions. We want everyone to participate to the best of their abilities, no matter what their strengths. Our team structures are flat. We’re all about getting things done and prize agility over rigidity. We’ll keep you caffeinated and fed in a workspace you’ll never want to leave. The Deliverect family is growing, and we need you!
In a short space of time you will have the following capabilities:
Understand how Deliverect works, including how an integration works in connection with Middleware.
Understand how menu pushing, order injection, and order status updates work
Understand item, modifier group, and modifiers
Gain a firm understanding of REST APIs, and some understanding of SOAP/XML
Understand algorithmic complexity, big-O notation
Good understanding of python3 including concepts like list and dict comprehension, decorators, typing
Tasks and responsibilities
Can fix issues in familiar integrations within 1-2 days
Can add features to specific integrations
Can diagnose problems in production using guidance from senior developers/leads
Can research API capabilities and perform tests
Contributes to a project or an integration, guided by a senior developer/lead
Updates Jira tickets with progress/info and contributes to Guru cards
- At least 1 year+ commercial coding experience
- Experience with building Web/REST APIs
- You enjoy collaborating with a team
- Exposure to using Python in a web context is beneficial but not essential
- We don't tell you what to do, you are the expert and you welcome giving and receiving feedback
What we offer?
- Fast-growing SaaS scale-up that’s been named a ‘soonicorn’
- Plenty of scope to develop and take ownership
- Range of benefits
- We want to support everyone. We offer flexibility around working hours, locations and office days
- Diverse international team; regular company and team events
- Transparency and visibility including a weekly company sprint on vision, strategy, roadmap and progress
- Constantly innovating product with weekly releases, constant new features and incremental optimisations
- An early position in a scaling international scale-up with strong growth plans
- Be a part of solving some of the biggest challenges facing the global food tech market
Please fill in your details and share your CV with us using the below form.